You may be asking yourself, “Why shouldn’t I order my pet’s prescription online? Good prices, direct shipping, what’s to lose?” Be aware that it may not be as good as it sounds though. Take the following into account before choosing where to purchase your next veterinary prescription:
- When your veterinarian prescribes a medication, he or she can dispense it in a safe manner, ensuring your pet has had any recommended screening performed, looking out for drug interactions, and keeping the product in an appropriate manner. This does not always happen with online pharmacies.
- The FDA says, “buyer beware” about online pharmacies. There has been much concern about the quality and authenticity of drugs that can be obtained online.
- If you have a problem or question, your veterinarian is able to address it directly. Not all veterinary pharmacies can claim the same.
- Websites that sell prescription veterinary products without the need for a prescription are breaking the law, plain and simple. If they are ignoring the law in this respect, where else are they cutting corners?
- Many drug company warranties such as those for heartworm prevention are invalidated when the product is purchased through such venues.
Talk to us or to your veterinarian. He or she truly has your pet’s best interest at heart. And you may be able to walk out the door with your pet’s medication for little more than ordering online.
Our on-site pharmacy is well stocked and able to fill prescriptions before you leave. We are also a compounding pharmacy which means that we can tailor your pet’s medication to their unique needs. This gives us the ability to adjust the dose and method of delivery or to offer solutions for pets that are difficult to medicate, such as adding flavors or ordering transdermal medications.
Talk to us or to your veterinarian about the options they offer. Sometimes convenience is not worth the risk, and your pet’s medications fall into that category.